Keep an extra eye out for volunteers and Caltrans cleaning up their communities over the next 10 days for Clean California Community Days - Spring into Action!
District 2: Clean California Community Days – Spring Into Action! has begun! As part of the $1.1 billion Clean California initiative, 45 groups made of 458 volunteers will be cleaning up their communities in District 2. Part of Clean California Community Days — Spring Into Action, the effort will have participants safely remove trash and other debris from trashed locations in Northern California. March 25 is the main event day; marked by Clean California Community Days Festival in Redding and several dump days all over the district.
Community day activities include clean-ups, tree and native seed planting events, a family educational fair in Redding, school and library presentations, and various dump day events in Siskiyou, Tehama, and Trinity County. See Caltrans District 2 on Facebook for details about these events. Please view our Facebook event page closely in March, as we will add these events to our calendar as details are confirmed.
We encourage individuals and community groups to participate in the next big phase of the program by joining in on the Clean California Community Days - Spring into Action campaign!
- Lead a community clean-up in your neighborhood, plant native plants, and/or beautify something unsightly in your community! Get the neighborhood kids involved or make it a family day of community service.
- Get involved in a small or big way - do what works for you and your community!
- Clean-ups can be scheduled anytime from March 17 to March 27.
- Registration and information available at https://cleancalifornia.dot.ca.gov/community-days.
- Volunteers are eligible to receive free gloves and trash bags, we also have litter pickers available to borrow and return all over the district - supplies are limited. Email Samantha.OReilly@dot.ca.gov for supplies and questions.