e-Benefits - benefits is a Department of Defense and Veterans Administration collaboration to provide a web portal housing an online resource for tools and benefits-related information for Wounded Warriors, Veterans, Active Duty Service members, their families, and those who care for them.
Benefits will allow service members and Veterans to:
- Check the status of compensation and pension claims(track your claim)
- View payment history of received VA benefits (print letter with money amount)
- Obtain or submit an application for the home loan certificate of eligibility
- Access MyHealthe Vet directly from benefits (print COE/certification of eligibility for VA Home Loan)
- Access and retrieve copies of official military personnel records to include DD-214’s active/reserve orders (print you’re DD 214 etc.)
Future releases to benefits will include the capability to:
- View status of your current benefits
- Change your address
- Change your direct deposit account
Benefits give you access to your own personal information in VA, DOD, and benefits systems. To protect your privacy and your confidential information, your identity must be confirmed before creating your account. This is done by offering two levels of access: Level 1 and Level 2.
Go to the benefits web site at www.ebenefits.va.gov for enrollment and account information and instructions.
System questions or problems, contact benefits Toll-free customer Support 1-800-983-0937.
Plumas County Veterans Services can complete the DMV Veteran Status Verification Form for the new California Veteran Designation on your driver’s license. We can also issue a Plumas County Veteran ID card to honorably discharged veterans. Contact our office at 283-6271/6275 if you would like to schedule an appointment (we will need your DD 214) showing honorable service.
You can currently check our website at the Plumas County website. Under departments, select veteran services. The VA Van departs at 0700 Tues/Thursdays from the County Annex upper parking lot. Ensure you call a minimum of three days prior to your appointment at the VAMC Reno to schedule a reservation on the VA Van.