FOREST ORDER NO. 17-22-10 FOREST ORDER NO. 19-22-07 Tahoe National Forest Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit
Pursuant to 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(a) and (b), and to provide for public safety, the following acts are prohibited within the Truckee Ranger District of the Tahoe National Forest (TNF), and the Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit (LTBMU). This Order is effective beginning at 5:00 p.m., Pacific Daylight Time, on September 16, 2022, through December 31, 2022.
- Being on National Forest System Road 14N34 (LTBMU) and 16E75 (TNF), also known as the Rubicon Jeep Trail, or McKinney-Rubicon Road, or McKinney Creek-Rubicon Springs Road, as shown on Exhibit A. 36 C.F.R. § 261.54(e).
- Being on a National Forest System Trail 16E75 (TNF) and 14N34 (LTBMU), also known as the Rubicon Jeep Trail, or McKinney-Rubicon Road, or McKinney Creek- Rubicon Springs Road, as shown on Exhibit A. 36 C.F.R. § 261.55(a).
- Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire-fighting force in the performance of an official duty.
- Persons with Forest Service Permit No. FS-7700-48 (Permit for Use of Roads, Trails, or Areas Restricted by Regulation or Order), specifically exempting them from this Order.
- Owners or lessees of land and residents of such private landholdings, to the extent necessary to access their land.
A violation of these prohibitions is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000 for an individual or $10,000 for an organization, or imprisonment for not more than 6 months, or both. 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 18 U.S.C. §§ 3559, 3571, and 3581.