On December 3, 2020 Sierra County Public Health has received notification of one new positive COVID- 19 case in Sierra County. Case is isolating and outreach to close contacts is ongoing. All close contacts identified will be contacted by a member of Public Health. Based on guidance from the CDC, you will be considered a close contact if you fall into one of these categories:
- You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more within a 24 hour period. This definition applies whether masks were worn or not.
- A person with COVID-19 sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you
- You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19
- You had direct physical contact with someone who has COVID-19 (hugged or kissed)
- You shared eating or drinking utensils with someone who has COVID-19
If you believe you fit into at least one of the categories above, please stay home and monitor yourself for symptoms for 14 days since last contact. Consider being tested if symptoms develop. Options for testing are listed on the Sierra County Website, or call your health care provider.
As you are aware, cases of COVID-19 continue to increase both locally and in neighboring counties and cities where many of our residents work and shop. This is not a time to let down our guard. With the holiday season upon us, every person has a role to play in limiting the spread of COVID-19.
- If you are around others who are not from your household, wear a face covering to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Avoid gatherings. You can enjoy your holidays and activities safely, without gathering.
- Wear a face covering at all times when in businesses, at school, or unable to maintain 6 feet
- Wash your hands with soap and water often, especially after you have been in a public place.
- If you feel sick, stay home, except to receive medical care.
- If you think or know that you may have been exposed, stay home.
For more information, please visit http://sierracounty.ca.gov/582/Coronavirus-COVID-19 or email COVID19@sierracounty.ca.gov
Celia Sutton-Pado, MD Public Health Officer Sierra County