We continue to recommend that you recreate locally. All visitors should practice self-sufficiency during your visits to national forests. Recreating responsibly will help ensure that expanded access to recreational facilities, services, and opportunities continues. Responsible recreation practices should be maintained at all times, including:
• Maintaining at least six feet distancing from others
• Do not gather in groups and please follow the latest guidance from officials
• Communicate with others as you pass. Alert trail users of your presence and step aside to let others pass
• Pack out your trash and leave with everything you bring in and use.
• All services may not be available, so please plan accordingly.
For sites open on the Tahoe National Forest beginning May 15, 2020 please visit our webpage at https://www.fs.usda.gov/tahoe. Please click on the Tahoe National Forest Update May 15-21.
For additional information, please visit the Tahoe National Forest website at https://www.fs.usda.gov/tahoe; Facebook facebook.com/TahoeNF and Twittertwitter.com/Tahoe_NF.