I wanted to share the latest storm related outage information in PG&E’s Sierra Division which includes El Dorado, Nevada, Placer and Sierra Counties. Currently we have 10,831 customers without power due to the storms. Here are a few of the large outages:
- Foresthill – 1,615 customers
- Granite Bay - 1,142 customers
- Lincoln – 1,930 customers
- Auburn – 583 customers
- Grass Valley – 834 Customers
We do not have estimated times of restoration at this time. Once the weather clears and it’s safe for our crews to get out in the fields, they will be assessing damage, making repairs and getting the power back on safely and as quickly as possible.
It would be great if you could remind members of the community to never touch downed wires: If you see a downed power line, assume it is energized and extremely dangerous. Do not touch or try to move it—and keep children and animals away. Report downed power lines immediately by calling 911 and by calling PG&E at 1-800-743-5002.
Customers can get updates on outages in their neighborhood through a variety of channels.
- Contact our outage information line at 1-800-743-5002
- Access our Electric Outage Map online at www.pge.com/outagemap
- Customers can also log-in to their account through pge.com and sign up to receive proactive outage alerts through email, text or phone
Megan McFarland| Marketing & Communications| Pacific Gas & Electric