- You may not build, maintain, attend, or use a fire, campfire or stove fire except in the Designated Recreation Sites in Attachment A of the PNF Forest Order #11-17-05 even with a valid California Campfire Permit.
However, lanterns and portable stoves (includes propane campfire units) using gas, jellied petroleum or pressurized liquid fuel are allowed as long as the forest visitor has a valid California Campfire Permit available from (http://www.preventwildfireca.org/Campfire-Permit/ ) or from Forest Service offices during normal business hours (M-F; 8-4:30).
- No smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle, building, Designated Recreation Site (Attachment A), or while stopped in an area at least 3 feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable material.
- No welding or operating acetylene or other torch with an open flame.
Persons with a Special Use Permit from the Forest Service for a recreation residence on the PNF are exempt from #1 & 2 above while they are at their recreation residence.
Information about private land fire restrictions (regulated by the CA Department of Forestry & Fire Protection (CAL FIRE)) may be found at: http://www.calfire.ca.gov .
Woodcutting is currently allowed within the Plumas National Forest (public land) if the daily fire indices permit. To determine if woodcutting is permitted on a given day, call (800) 847-7766
prior to cutting wood. A recorded message will notify woodcutters if the next day is hoot-owl
(no cutting after 1 pm), open all day (no restrictions), or no woodcutting allowed that day.
Note: call before 4:30 pm on the day you plan to cut as the message is updated for
the following day at about that time.
Questions about fire restrictions, designated recreation sites and firewood cutting on the Plumas National Forest (public land) may be directed to local Plumas National Forest Service offices including:
[if !supportLists]· [endif]Supervisor’s Office - (530) 283-2050
[if !supportLists]· [endif]Beckwourth Ranger District (Portola/Milford area) - (530) 836-2575
[if !supportLists]· [endif]Feather River Ranger District (Oroville /Challenge area) - (530) 534-6500
[if !supportLists]· [endif]Mt. Hough Ranger District (Quincy/Greenville area) - (530) 283-0555
Other recreation information may be found at: http://fs.usda.gov/plumas .
[if !supportLists]1. [endif]Plumas National Forest (public land) fire restrictions will be effective July 20, 2017. Campfires allowed in designated recreation sites only (see Attachment A).
2. Woodcutting may be allowed depending on the daily fire danger; call (800) 847-7766 before 4:30 pm daily.
3. Information about private land fire restrictions may be found at: http://www.calfire.ca.gov .