QUINCY, Calif – All Plumas National Forest offices will be closed on Monday, May 25, in observance of Memorial Day. All offices will resume normal (virtual) operating hours on Tuesday, May 26.
For a list of developed recreation opportunities (note: many campgrounds are closed), please see the Forest website and Facebook page. Campfire permits are available online at www.preventwildfireca.org/Campfire-Permit/.
A couple of other safety reminders:
- Practice social distancing and observe local health orders. Practice Know Before You Go / Pack It In-Pack It Out / Leave No Trace
- There is still snow at higher elevations, including in the La Porte, Bucks Lake and Lakes Basin Recreation Areas.
- Forest roads can be narrow and winding. Slow down and be on the lookout for road damage caused by snow and rain.
- Warmer weather means that snow is melting. This leads to swift, very cold water in our streams and lakes. These conditions can prove fatal to even the most experienced swimmer. Please exercise good judgement and wear a life jacket.
- All fireworks are prohibited on national forest lands. Regulations are strictly enforced to protect public and natural resources.
Additional forest information, including available developed recreation opportunities, is available at http://www.fs.usda.gov/main/plumas/home and www.Facebook.com/usfsplumas.
Plumas NF offices closed for Memorial Day
USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.