- Warming Trend through Wednesday: High pressure builds across California to the Great Basin. Temperatures Wednesday approach the warmth of late last week. Could get close or just break records in a few spots.
- Windy Thursday-Friday: A storm system moving into the Pacific NW brings winds to CA-NV. Some aviation/travel/recreation impacts but damaging winds unlikely. Thursday looks like the best bet for widespread strong winds, with Friday being more localized especially Hwy 95 and E Sierra valleys. Fire weather concerns with dry airmass + wind where fine fuels are dry.
- Cooler Mother’s Day Weekend? Near to below average temperatures--not too chilly though except during the early morning. But little to no precipitation, unfortunately. A few light showers showing up in some simulations this weekend into early next week, mainly afternoons, but most simulations still keep us dry.
- Increased confidence in seeing a windy day Thursday.
- Possible approach of record high temperatures Wednesday.