Winter weather and high winds are anticipated across the region this weekend. The expected combination of snow, freezing temperatures, and winds may produce hazardous conditions and the potential for outages.
Liberty is preparing for potential impacts from the storm and has brought in additional crews to assist with outage response. All of our linemen and additional crews are staged throughout our service territory, ready to respond to outages.
We understand that losing power is an inconvenience and encourage you to prepare in advance for the possibility of extended outages to help reduce discomfort.
Here are some tips to help you prepare:
- Build an emergency kit that includes flashlights, battery operated radio, extra batteries, bottled water, warm clothing, blankets, and more.
- Plan for medical needs that may be impacted by a loss of power.
- Store at least a 48-hour supply of non-perishable food and water.
- Keep your cell phones and other electronic devices fully charged. You may want to consider purchasing a back-up battery device.
- Plan for heating and/or cooling for your home.
- View updates on our Outage Map or follow us on social media: Twitter (@LibertyUtil_CA) and Facebook (@LibertyUtilitiesLT).
- Understand how Liberty restores power.
- Find this information and more.