(Tahoe/Truckee, Calif.) – Josh and Lindsay Hall were presented with the prestigious 2022 Spirit of Giving Award at a Lakefront ceremony on Tuesday, July 26. The Spirit of Giving Award, named for Tom & Pam Hobday, is bestowed to individuals who demonstrate extraordinary dedication to the enrichment of healthcare in our community. Past Spirit of Giving Award recipients include: Tom & Pam Hobday, 2007; Randy Hill, 2009; Patti & Gary Boxeth, 2010; Billy McCullough, 2013; and Karen Sessler, MD, 2017.
Shortly after the stillbirth of their daughter, Annalise King Hall, the Hall family started a fund to help families facing this same kind of profound loss by pioneering a supportive fetal demise program. “The Hall family’s ability to transform tragedy into triumph is truly second to none. Because of their generosity and dedication, many lives have been positively impacted in the name of Annalise, and the Joseph Family Center for Women and Newborn Care team is better equipped with lifesaving equipment, technology, and training,” said Karli Epstein, Executive Director for the Tahoe Forest Health System Foundation.
Since establishing the Annalise King Hall Fund, it has provided:
- Bereavement training to nurses so that they are better equipped to support families after a loss
- A mother’s milk bank to bring human milk to babies when absolutely critical situations arise
- Cuddle cots, giving grieving parents an opportunity to bond with their babies
- Memorial wind chimes to mourning families giving comfort and remembrance
- Comfort kits to families who have experienced a stillbirth or a miscarriage
- Advanced fetal monitors for tracking rate and rhythm of fetal heartbeats
- A neonatal resuscitation device, ensuring our clinical team has the best training equipment
For more information on the Tahoe Forest Health System Foundation, or to make a gift to the Annalise King Hall Fund please visit to www.tfhd.com/giving.
About Tahoe Forest Health System
Tahoe Forest Health System, which includes Tahoe Forest Hospital in Truckee, CA, and Incline Village Community Hospital in Incline Village, NV, offers 24-hour emergency care, urgent care, primary and specialty health care clinics including Tahoe Forest Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, Commission on Cancer (COC) accredited cancer center, the Gene Upshaw Memorial Tahoe Forest Cancer Center, and the Joseph Family Center for Women and Newborn Care. With a strong focus on high quality patient care, community collaboration, clinical excellence and innovation, Tahoe Forest Health System is a UC Davis Rural Center of Excellence. For a complete list of physician specialties and services, visit www.tfhd.com.