(Tahoe/Truckee, Calif.) – The State of California Public Health Office issued an order that general acute care hospitals and skilled nursing facilities must either verify that visitors are fully vaccinated, or for unvaccinated or incompletely vaccinated visitors, show documentation of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of each visit.
This state mandate will be valid at Tahoe Forest Hospital effective Wednesday, August 11, 2021. This order applies to indoor visitation and Tahoe Forest Hospital is required to follow it in accordance with this mandated state order.
Per this statewide order, visitors must provide the following:
- Verification of being fully vaccinated, or
- For unvaccinated or incompletely vaccinated visitors, verification of documentation of a negative SARS-CoV test within the last 72 hours
- COVID-19 Record Card (issued by the Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or WHO Yellow Card) which includes name of person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided, and date last does administer); or
- A photo of a Vaccination Record Card as a separate document; or
- A photo of the client’s Vaccination Record Card stored on a phone or electronic device; or
- Digital record that includes a QR code that when scanned by a SMART Health Card reader displays to the reader client name, date of birth, vaccine dates and vaccine type.
- Effective 8-11-2021 visiting hours at Tahoe Forest Hospital will be limited from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
- Patients and visitors entering Tahoe Forest Hospital and Incline Village Community Hospital will be provided a surgical face mask to wear while in the hospitals.
The COVID-19 pandemic remains a significant challenge in California, where it is experiencing the fastest increase in positive COVID-19 cases during the entire pandemic, with 18.3 new cases per 100,000 people per day, with case rates increasing ninefold within the past two months. The Delta variant, which is highly contagious and more virulent, is currently the most common variant using new infections in California.
To schedule a vaccine appointment, please visit https://myturn.ca.gov/.
About Tahoe Forest Health System
Tahoe Forest Health System, which includes Tahoe Forest Hospital in Truckee, CA, and Incline Village Community Hospital in Incline Village, NV, offers 24-hour emergency care, urgent care, primary and specialty health care clinics including Tahoe Forest Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, Commission on Cancer (COC) accredited cancer center, the Gene Upshaw Memorial Tahoe Forest Cancer Center, and the Joseph Family Center for Women and Newborn Care. With a strong focus on high quality patient care, community collaboration, clinical excellence and innovation, Tahoe Forest Health System is a UC Davis Rural Center of Excellence. For a complete list of physician specialties and services, visit www.tfhd.com.