· Smoke: Widespread haze from smoke likely to persist the rest of this week. Ozone can also contribute to lower visibility. Areas of denser smoke likely across NE California into parts of W Nevada from fires in N California.
· T-Storm Trends: Moisture never quite leaves the area, so at least garden variety isolated storms each day through Friday mainly over high terrain and in NE California east of Lassen Peak. Today coverage could be a little more for NE California and simulations also showing storms along the Sierra Front east of Reno, Carson City. Typical impacts expected: outflow winds, lightning and new fire starts, spots of heavy rain, small hail.
· Maybe Cooler, More Wind? Signs of increased winds with cooler temps late this weekend into early next week. 1 in 2 simulations show breezy afternoon winds either Sunday or Monday, with Monday the leading contender. Could result in critical fire weather conditions. Not a lock yet - still a bit of variability in simulations.
CHANGES FROM PREVIOUS BRIEFING
· Slightly better chances for t-storms today NE California and Sierra Front east of Reno, Carson City.
· Gradually increased confidence in seeing breezy/low-rh scenario early next week.