Today, Wednesday December 9, 2020 Sierra County, as part of the Greater Sacramento Region, has met the criteria for entering the Regional Stay Home Order. The Regional Stay Home Order for the Greater Sacramento Region became effective based on our region’s current Intensive Care Unit (ICU) capacity of 14.3%; which is below the 15% capacity threshold. The Greater Sacramento Region’s businesses will have until 11:59PM Thursday, December 10, 2020 to make the necessary changes to comply with the Order.
The following sectors must close by 11:59PM Thursday, December 10, 2020.
• Indoor recreational facilities • Hair salons and barber shops • Personal care services
• Bars, breweries, and distilleries • Live audience sports
• Museums, zoos, and aquariums
All gatherings with members of other households are prohibited. Physical distancing and 100% masking are required. All individuals are ordered to stay home or at their place of residence, except for permitted work, local shopping, or other permitted errands, or as otherwise authorized. Outdoor physical activities with your household are still encouraged.
The following sectors will have modifications in addition to 100% masking and social distancing:
- Outdoor recreational facilities: Allow outdoor operation only without any food, drink or alcohol sales.
Additionally, overnight stays at campgrounds will not be permitted.
- Retail: Allow indoor operation at 20% capacity with entrance metering and no eating or drinking in the
stores. Additionally, special hours should be instituted for seniors and others with chronic conditions or compromised immune systems. Retail includes hardware, clothing and other stores that sell non-food items.
- Grocery Stores: Allow indoor operation at 35% capacity with entrance metering and no eating or drinking in the stores. Additionally, special hours should be instituted for seniors and others with chronic conditions or compromised immune systems. Capacity is based on fire department occupancy limit.
- Hotels and lodging: Allowed to open for critical infrastructure support only.
- Restaurants: Allow only for take-out, pick-up, or delivery.
- Places of worship and political expression: Allow outdoor services only.
The Regional Stay Home Order will be in effect for a minimum of 3 weeks starting Friday, December 11th. The Regional Stay Home Order will continue until CDPH’s four week projections of the regions ICU capacity is greater than or equal to 15%.
For more information, please visit: http://sierracounty.ca.gov/COVID-19 or email: COVID19@sierracounty.ca.gov P.O. Box 7, Loyalton, CA 96118(530) 993-6700www.sierracounty.ca.gov