Lassen National Forest/Plumas National Forest
Forest Service News Release Dixie Fire Update for September 18, 2021
Fire Information: 530-592-0838 (7am to 10 pm) Inciweb: https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7690/
Follow QR Code for contacts and additional information
Dixie Fire West Zone –
The Dixie Fire started on Tuesday, July 13 and has now burned 960,641 acres with 88 percent containment. The incident is being managed under a Unified Command with
- Today winds are forecast to be out of the southwest and gusty to 25 mph along the ridgetops of the fire. A fire weather watch has been issued for these conditions.
- The increased wind today could result in elevated fire activity in the northern area of the fire near West Prospect Peak. Additional resources are staged to respond if necessary.
- The fire area will likely see rain Saturday night and in to Sunday. The public is advised to watch out for fire traffic during periods of reduced visibility.
- Firefighters will construct containment lines south of Hwy 89 through Lassen National Park.
- Firefighters have worked diligently to complete mopup along the fire’s perimeter near the community of
Old Station. The fire area around that community is now in patrol status.
- Fire weakend trees threatening containment lines are being removed.
- Suppression repair work has started in the southern area of the fire. Examples of this work includes
creating erosion control structures and placing fallen trees across bulldozer firelines.
Information regarding Evacuation Orders and Evacuation Warnings are posted on the Sheriff’s Office Website, Facebook, and Twitter for your respective community.
Residents may also view up to date information maps at:
2,259 Total Personnel
(NIMO) Team 1 integrated with California Interagency Management Team 14, and
National Incident Management Organization
The Lassen National Forest Dixie Fire Closure Order is in effect until November 30, 2021 to provide safety for
our firefighters and the public.
Smoke will be seen in fire areas along highways and roadways. Stopping along the roadway is
prohibited due to hazards.