Butte County – CAL FIRE law enforcement officers arrested Gary Allen Noel, on Wednesday, July 19th, on suspicion of arson. Noel, 36, is suspected of setting multiple fires in Butte County.
Noel has been charged with eleven counts of arson to forestland. Bail was set at $1,350,000.
“CAL FIRE investigators have worked diligently to apprehend individuals that threaten the lives and property of our citizens through willful acts of arson”, stated Chief Darren Read.
This arrest is not connected to the recent Wall Incident and the Wall Fire remains under investigation.
CAL FIRE continues to urge the public to be vigilant outdoors and report any suspicious activity. The public can provide valuable assistance by following these steps:
- Do not approach the individual or individuals engaging in the suspicious behavior
- Report the behavior to law enforcement
- If safe to do so, note the description of the individual including:
- Clothing description
- Hair color
- Any distinguishing characteristics such as tattoos
- One of the most important pieces of information for investigators can be the time the behavior is observed so be sure to make note.
- If a vehicle is involved in the suspicious activity, the following information can be helpful to investigators:
- Make and model of vehicle
- Color of vehicle
- Location and direction of travel
- License plate number – even a partial number can be useful
- Bumper stickers or other markings
- Number of occupants, including their description(s)
Information regarding suspected arson or suspicious activity can be reported to the Arson Tip Line at (800) 468-4408. The identity of all callers will remain anonymous.